Clocks, buzzers, and a bit of craziness! That’s right, PRSA’s Speed Pitching event is back! Here is your chance to pitch up to a dozen local media people: editors, news directors and reporters. Pitch them with your stories, or just introduce yourself and make a connection for the future. But you’ve only got three minutes before it’s time to move on to the next media person….and then the next, and the next and the next. You can even bring a co-worker and double the number of stories you pitch!
And even if you don’t have a specific “pitch” it is still a great opportunity to introduce yourself to each of the journalists and start building relationships!
We are expecting a huge turnout again this year. However, space is limited due to the nature of the event. Make sure to register early to reserve your seat. Those who register first get to pitch first!
Confirmed media representatives so far:
- Gary Holmes, news director at YNN
- Eric Hoppel, news director at WNYT
- Jen Andrus, Assignment Editor at WNYT
- Jenni Mullen, Anchor/Reporter at WRGB
- Courtney Mahan, Interactive Content Producer at WRGB
- Lisa Lewis, Editor, The Troy Record
- Daniele Sanzone, Reporter, The Troy Record
- Eric Anderson, Business Editor, The Times Union
- Jen Patterson, News & Information Services Coordinator, The Times Union
- Paul Grondahl, Reporter, The Times Union
- Ian Pickus, News Director, WAMC
- Greg Dahlmann, All Over Albany
- Sarah LaDuke, Senior Producer of the Roundtable and the Book Show, WAMC
Cost: PRSA members/students: $15; non-members: $25. This includes catered dinner and soft drinks.
When: Wednesday, June 19
Registration and dinner – 6:30 pm
First Pitch – 7 pm
Where: Lakeview Restaurant
6 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
The reservation policy is that all no-shows will be billed. For attendees who have pre-paid and pre-registered, refunds will only be made to those who cancel their reservation in writing via email 48 hours prior to the event.