- This event has passed.
Keeping People Safe: How Law Enforcement Agencies Communicate with the Public
March 22, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
Have you ever wondered what’s going on when you see flashing emergency lights? In the Capital Region, law enforcement agencies have specific personnel who work closely with the news media to make sure the public is informed during an incident.
Please join the PRSA Capital Region as we speak with members of federal, state, county, and local law enforcement about how public relations, social media, and communication are critically important in today’s law enforcement industry.
Participating will be:
Amanda Fries – Reporter, Times Union
- Steven Smith – Public Information Officer, Albany Police Department
- Cecilia Walsh – Public Information Officer, Office of the Albany County District Attorney
- Benning DeLaMater – Public Information Officer, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Kristin Lowman – Chief of Agency Publications, New York State Police – Public Information Office
- Sarah Ruane – Public Affairs Specialist, Federal Bureau of Investigation – Albany Office
$5 for PRSA or AMA Members | $10 for Non-Members
Thank you to our venue partner, the New York State Police Academy!