Have a communications RFP to share or an opening for a communications/public relations professional at your agency, business or college? PRSA Capital Region is happy to post jobs and other opportunities free of charge for 30 days. E-mail us at PRSACapitalRegion@gmail.com.
Browse current opportunities below.
Pierce Communications is an Albany, N.Y. based public relations, public affairs, crisis communication firm dedicated to providing clients with strategic communications-based solutions to their business and public policy issues. We are looking for a creative, ambitious, energetic Public Relations Associate to join our team. If you would thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment where providing excellent client service is the center of all we do, we’d like to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have very strong writing skills, be a critical thinker, be curious about the world, and have a sense of humor.
- Writing and distributing media advisories and news releases and following up with media representatives
- Conducting research to support client projects and communication plans
- Helping plan and execute special events for clients, including taking and editing photographs for social media posts
- Developing ideas for and posting to social media channels
- Participating in client meetings
- Providing excellent and prompt communications with clients
- Submitting event listings to online and print community calendars
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or a related discipline, such as communications, journalism, English, or marketing
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong writing skills a must
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well independently
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in person and virtually
- Understanding of communications-related technologies and channels
- Uncompromising commitment to quality and detail
- Team oriented with a strong sense of professionalism and a commitment to colleagues and clients
- Some graphic design skills a plus
If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and believe you can make a valuable contribution to our team, please send a cover letter, your resume, and two writing samples to Jon Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone inquiries will be not accepted.
Page last updated September 19, 2018.