Join the PRSA Capital Region Chapter for an evening of clocks, buzzers, and a bit of craziness!
PRSA’s Media Speed Pitching event is back! This is your chance to pitch your stories to local media editors, news directors, and reporters. But you’ve only got three minutes before it’s time to move on to the next media person….and then the next, and the next and the next. You can even bring a co-worker and double the number of stories you pitch!
There is also time for you to network with other PR professionals and mix and mingle with local journalists prior to the event.
Participating journalists (as of May 16):
- Eric Anderson, Business Editor, Times Union
- Lynne Falsetti, News Reporter, WRGB/CBS6
- Jenna Flanagan, Reporter, WMHT-TV’s “The Innovation Trail” & “New York Now”
- Rebecca Haizmann, City Editor, The Record
- Gary Holmes, News Director, Time Warner Cable News
- Eric Hoppel News Director, WNYT/NewsChannel 13
- Lisa Lewis, Managing Editor, The Saratogian / The Record
- Tracy Ormsbee, Senior Editor, Features, Times Union
- Sarah Ruane, Assignment Desk Supervisor, Time Warner Cable News
- Cathy Taylor, Executive Producer, “The New 16” (Time Warner Cable Channel 16 in the City of Albany)
- Torie Wells, News Reporter, WRGB/CBS6
We are expecting a large turnout again this year. However, space is limited due to the nature of the event. Make sure to register early to reserve your seat. Those who register first get to pitch first!
When: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Time: Registration and networking starts at 6:30 pm and the first pitch is at 7 pm
Where: Lakeview Restaurant at The Beltrone Living Center, 6 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205 (from Wolf Road take Metro Park Rd to Winners Circle)
Cost: PRSA members/students: $25; non-members: $35. (This includes a light dinner buffet and soft drinks)
Note: The reservation policy is that all no-shows will be billed. For attendees who have pre-paid and pre-registered, refunds will only be made to those who cancel their reservation in writing via email 48 hours prior to the event.