The Public Relations Society of America’s Capital Region NY chapter welcomed new board members and officers at its January meeting, led by incoming president Michael Mullaney.
Mullaney, manager of public relations and digital communications at St. Peters Health Partners, succeeds Heather Schechter, who will remain with the organization as past president and chair of the membership committee. Schechter is director of marketing at Sunrise Management & Consulting.
Katherine McCarthy, senior regional director, communications, American Heart Association, rejoins the board and will serve as president-elect.
Also returning to the board this year are:
- Treasurer Michael Bohne, APR, communications & marketing assistant, Capitalize Albany Corporation
- Secretary and Webmaster Kimmy Venter, APR, regional director of communications, American Red Cross
- Ethics Chair Josh Poupore, APR, senior vice president, Corning Place Communications
- Assembly Delegate Paul Larrabee, APR, vice president and managing director, Corning Place Communications
- Member at Large Nick Crounse, director of strategic communications, Bestpass
- Member at Large Michael Eck, senior communications and public relations leader, Proctors
New board members are:
- Member at Large Alicia Jacobs, director of communications and community engagement, Excelsior College
- Programming Chair John Mackowiak, director, public relations and public affairs, The Martin Group
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair Martin Mbugua, APR, vice president for communications and marketing, Skidmore College
- Accreditation Chair Jodie Orzechowski, APR, communications program manager, Capital Region BOCES
- Member at Large Steven A. Smith Jr., public information officer, chief’s office, City of Albany Police Department
PRSA Capital Region NY is a group of approximately 100 public relations and communications professionals who represent associations, corporations, government agencies, higher education and healthcare institutions, as well as non-profits, public relations firms and small businesses. For more information, visit http://prsacapitalregion.org.
Board members pictured above at 2018 Capital Region MARCOM Awards, from left to right: Josh Poupore, Michael Mullaney, Heather Schechter, Michael Bohne, Paul Larrabee, Kimmy Venter, John Mackowiak, and Katherine McCarthy.