PRSA Capital Region NY Chapter Announces 2013 Board of Directors
(ALBANY, NY – January 7, 2013) The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Capital Region NY today announced its 2013 Board of Directors, as elected by chapter membership. The board manages and controls the business affairs of the chapter.
The 16-member board, led by President Mike Lesczinski, public relations manager and an adjunct instructor at Excelsior College, is comprised of a diverse group of talented Capital Region professionals working within local public relations agencies, businesses, non-profits, and institutes of higher education.
The 2011 PRSA Capital Region NY Chapter Board of Directors includes:
- President – Mike Lesczinski, public relations manager, Excelsior College
- Vice President – Jennifer Miller, director of communications, Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
- Past President – Rob Puglisi, director of marketing and communications, Community Hospice
- Treasurer – Josh Poupore, assistant executive director, New York State Dental Association
- Accreditation Chair – Siobhan Kent, APR, communications manager, Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
- Programming Co-Chair – Gil Chorbajian, executive director of marketing and communications, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health
- Programming Co-Chair – David Alexander, assistant athletic director/sports information director, The College of St. Rose
- Communications Co-Chair – Matt Cannon, director of integrated media, Gramercy Communications
- Communications Co-Chair – Matt Van Pelt, social media communications specialist, Ellis Medicine
- Membership Chair – Alicia Jacobs, communications manager, Excelsior College
- Assembly Delegate – Paul Larrabee, executive vice president and managing director, Corning Place Communications
- Secretary – Sarah Child, public relations assistant, Rueckert Advertising
- PRSSA Chapter Liaison – Joslyn McArdle, community director, March of Dimes
- Empire Awards Chair – Paul Hook, vice president of marketing and business development, Overit Media
- Director at Large – Claudette Thornton, vice president, Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Director at Large – Diane O’Connor, director of public relations, Mohawk
PRSA Capital Region NY is an association of public relations and communications professionals throughout Tech Valley in Upstate New York. PRSA Capital Region embraces the mission of the national organization of 21,000 members by offering networking and professional development opportunities while advocating standards of excellence and adherence to a code of ethics.
The general duties and responsibilities of the board of directors include leading the chapter by anticipating and assessing market and member needs and developing services and educational programs that further the professional development of Capital Region public relations practitioners. In addition, the board establishes chapter objectives, formulates chapter policy to meet these objectives and ensures that the business and affairs of the chapter are conducted in accordance with chapter and national bylaws and in the best interest of the members.
PRSA Capital Region will host public relations workshops and events throughout 2013 on the third Wednesday of each month, in addition to several larger-scale special events, beginning with the Annual Meeting and Empire Awards on January 29.
For more information, visit the PRSA Capital Region website, blog or contact President Mike Lesczinski at email@example.com
About the Public Relations Society of America – Capital Region NY Chapter
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Capital Region NY is an association of public relations and communications professionals throughout Tech Valley in Upstate New York. PRSA Capital Region embraces the mission of the national organization of 21,000 members by offering networking and professional development opportunities while advocating standards of excellence and adherence to a code of ethics.
About the Public Relations Society of America
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s largest community of public relations and communications professionals, providing training, setting standards of excellence and upholding principles of ethics for the global public relations profession. As a leading voice in the industry, the PRSA also advocates for greater understanding and adoption of public relations services.