Have you got what it takes to lead?
PRSA Capital Region is looking for members to join our 2019 board. If you want to promote the following values in the Capital Region PR community, consider joining the board!
- Lifelong learning
- Vibrant, diverse and welcoming professional communities
- Recognition of capabilities and accomplishments
- Thought leadership, ethics and professional excellence
- Advocacy for the profession
How to Nominate:
Send an email to Hschechter@sunrisemc.com no later than noon on Friday, October 26, 2018. Include a current resume or link to a current LinkedIn profile. Your resume/LinkedIn profile will be shared with the PRSA Capital Region membership for the purpose of voting on the 2019 board.
Am I Eligible?
You’re eligible to join the PRSA Capital Region board if you:
- Are a current PRSA member in good standing (dues paid)
- Are able to devote 5 hours per month to PRSA (this includes time spent in monthly board/committee meetings and at PRSA events)
What Does Board Service Entail?
- Board members are elected to a one-year term which begins on January 1.
- Board meetings are held monthly, either at 8:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m.
- Board members are responsible for planning and/or promoting PRSA events, promoting PRSA membership, coordinating standing or ad hoc committees, and providing oversight and guidance for PRSA Capital Region.
When Will Voting Happen?
A link to the online voting form will be emailed to all PRSA Capital Region members on Monday, October 29, 2018. The 2019 board will be announced on Wednesday, November 28 at PRSA Capital Region’s annual meeting. The 2019 board will also be communicated via email to all members.