You’ve heard about speed dating. Now, PRSA Capital Region is giving you a chance to try…..
Tuesday, June 19
OTB’s New Clubhouse Racebook
711 Central Avenue, Albany
Registration and Buffet: 6:30 p.m.
First Pitch: 7:00 p.m.
The first people to register will be the first people to pitch!
At PRSA’s Speed Pitching event, you’ll get the chance to pitch up to a dozen local media people: editors, news directors and reporters. Pitch them with your stories, or just introduce yourself and make a connection for the future. But you’ve only got three minutes before it’s time to move on to the next media person….and then the next, and the next and the next. You can even bring a co-worker and double the number of stories you pitch!
Confirmed media representatives (as of June 4):
- Eric Anderson, Business Editor, The Times Union
- Rebecca Eppelmann, Editor, Latham Life and River Life
- Sarah Foss, Reporter, The Daily Gazette
- Paul Grondahl, Staff Writer, The Times Union
- Christine Harris, Assistant News Director, CBS 6 WRGB
- Gary Holmes, News Director, YNN
- Eric Hoppel, News Director, NewsChannel 13 WNYT
- Lisa Lewis, Editor, The Record
- Tracey Ormsbee, Senior Editor/Features, The Times Union
- Judy Patrick, Managing Editor, The Daily Gazette
- Jennifer Patterson, News & Information Services Coordinator, The Times Union
- Danielle Sanzone, Reporter, The Record
- Parry Teasdale, Publisher/Editor, The Columbia Paper
- Charles Wiff, Assistant Managing Editor, Spotlight Newspapers
Cost: PRSA members/students: $15; non-members: $25. This includes a dinner buffet and free soft drinks.
We’re expecting an overwhelming response to this unique opportunity. Please know that you may not get to pitch all of the media representatives present, but you will be able to pitch to at least half of them. Additionally, those who register first and PRSA members will get the priority slots.
The reservation policy is that all no-shows will be billed. For attendees who have pre-paid and pre-registered, refunds will only be made to those who cancel their reservation in writing via email 48 hours prior to the event.